Monday 6 August 2012

Beautiful BLONDES

As I write this I am sat here with bleach developing on my head. I have taken the brave (and crazy?) step of bleaching my own hair. Usually, I get highlights done at the hairdressers - but recently I became fed up with the streaky shade of blonde I got, and wanted something a little more eyecatching! My blonde inspirations are...

JESSICA SIMPSON
Jessica Simpson is my favourite blonde bombshell. The gorgeous white chocolate shade looks beautiful against her tanned skin and she really does look like a Californian godess!

BRITNEY SPEARS
The original blondie. Britney's hair inspired me to go blonde from a young age. During her heights she looked gorgeous with blonde highlighted hair, that was always in tip top condition.

VICTORIA SILVSTEDT
The ultimate human barbie doll, Victoria's long and luscious blonde locks finish off her plastic fantastic look to perfection.

Who is your blonde inspiration?

Looking after your blonde locks:
  1. If you plan to be out under the sun cover hair with a scarf or hat because sunlight causes colour to fade more rapidly. If you choose to use a UV spray, reapply often.
  2. If you swim a lot in salt or chlorinated water, rinse hair thoroughly before diving in. Hair can only absorb so much water so you won't harm hair much if you soak it first.
  3. Every 3-4 weeks, use an at-home conditioner to restore the cuticle and boost color and shine.
  4. To prevent dullness and a green tint caused by chlorine and hard minerals in water, shampoo with a clarifying shampoo once a week. Look for the word "clarifying" on the bottle.
  5. To prevent brassiness, stylist Louis Licari recommends in Allure Magazine shampooing once a week with a purple-toned shampoo such as Toni and Guy's purple shampoo.
  6. If you use styling tools, always use a protector on hair before applying the flat iron or curling iron or drying with a blowdryer.

If your hair has turned brassy, apply a rich gloss treatment made to reduce brassiness.
If your hair feels like straw after it's colored, try an after-sun hair mask to restore softness.

No comments:

Post a Comment